Re: [PBML] Perl script to read

    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 25, 2010
      >>>>> "gopi" == gopi chand <gopichand84@...> writes:

      gopi> How do I install it?

      "perldoc perlmodinstall"

    • gopi chand
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 25, 2010
        I am getting the same error message even after running perldoc perlmodinstall

        Will the above command install the required mods are do I have read something and install some other commands?Pls let me know

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 25, 2010
          On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 9:14 PM, gopi chand <gopichand84@...> wrote:

          > I am getting the same error message even after running perldoc perlmodinstall
          >
          > Will the above command install the required mods are do I have read something and install some other commands?Pls let me know

          If you ran perldoc perlmodinstall

          it should help you find out if

          a) the module is installed on your system..

          PREAMBLE
          First, are you sure that the module isn't already on your
          system? Try "perl -MFoo -e 1". (Replace "Foo" with the
          name of the module; for instance, "perl -MCGI::Carp -e 1".

          Substitute CGI::Carp with the module we are discussing.

          If it isn't you should read further down on the steps needed to install it.

          regards,
          ./fxk

          --
          =====
          Past hissy-fits are not a predictor of future hissy-fits --Nick Holland
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 25, 2010

            gopi> I am getting the same error message even after running perldoc perlmodinstall

            gopi> Will the above command install the required mods are do I have read something and install some other commands?Pls let me know

            "perldoc perlmodinstall" is instructions to you about how to obtain
            and install modules. Please read.

          • Jeff Soules
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 25, 2010
              > I don't want to print all the letters in the first column which have an "yes" in second column,I only want to print the ones in sample.txt file,how are we taking care of this condition?

              Ahh. I was wondering how the second file figured in this whole business.
              Do the order of the letters in the second file matter? i.e. is your goal:

              if the letter is next to "yes" in your excel file AND
              the letter appears somewhere in the second file, THEN
              output the letter?

              If so, I would read the letters in the second file and load them into
              a hash (%lettersHash, perhaps.)
              Then go back and read the excel file through one of the methods
              discussed previously (the method you choose shouldn't affect your
              results for the problem as you've described it, There's More Than One
              Way To Do It, etc).
              For each row/record of the excel file, if the value of the second
              column is "yes," check if the value in the first column is in
              %lettersHash. If it is, output the letter. If not, read the next
              record.

              On the other hand, if you want to do something more complicated (like
              if the order of the second file matters -- say you only output the
              letter if row N of the excel file says "A Yes" and row N of the second
              file says "A"), then please describe your problem in more detail.

              good luck,
              jeff

              On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 9:22 PM, gopi chand <gopichand84@...> wrote:

              > Thanks for the reply Jeff.
              >
              > I don't want to print all the letters in the first column which have an "yes" in second column,I only want to print the ones in sample.txt file,how are we taking care of this condition?

            • Shlomi Fish
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 26, 2010
                On Tuesday 26 Jan 2010 04:19:56 gopi chand wrote:
                > Hi Merlyn ,
                >
                > Thanks for the reply.I havent' read that documentation but I started of
                > with a sample pl script I got over the internet but I am getting the
                > following message while running the script What am I missing?
                >
                > Can't locate Spreadsheet/Read.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C \Program
                > Files\ActiveState Perl Dev Kit 6.0\lib\
                > /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/cygwin-thread-multi-64int /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5
                > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/cygwin-thread-multi-64int
                > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
                > /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/cygwin-thread-multi-64int
                > /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at
                > sample.pl line 4.

                Hi Gopi!

                1. Please read: http://perl-begin.org/topics/cpan/ and be enlightened.

                2. perl-5.8.5 is really old, you really should upgrade to perl-5.8.9 or
                perl-5.10.1.

                Regards,

                Shlomi Fish

              • gopi chand