Compiling perl on cygwin: hanging on test ext/threads-shared/t/stress.t

  • ricardohenrylee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2010
      Hi perl-beginners,

      I'm compiling Perl 5.10.1 on cygwin 1.7.1 . I know there is the precompiled one availiable for Cygwin, but it was not compiled with the flags I needed.

      The problem is at the testing stage. It's not exactly failing. On the test ext/threads-shared/t/stress.t, it just does not do anything, it just hangs.

      In the INSTALL file under timing problems, it mentions that the test may fail. But does hanging count as failing?

      I remember compiling 5.10.1 sucessfully on Cygwin 1.6.5 after several attempts. Then I had problems ext/Time-HiRes/t/HiRes.t, one of the tests you may fail if you again have timing problems. But at that time I was actually failing the test and it was not hanging.

      My computer is not top notch, but it's not too slow. It's a 3GHz PC running XP SP3 and I keep it really lean.

      Regards,

      Richard