Net::SSH::Perl question

  • Dukelow, Don
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2009
      I'm using Net::SSH::Perl it my Perl script. The problem is because of OS upgrades and what other reasons I'm not aware of the SSH key gets changed from time to time. When Perl tries to SSH into a server it gets rejected. When I try to manually SSH into a server I get the message.

      @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
      @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
      @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
      IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
      Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
      It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
      The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
      7d:76:2c:04:22:5a:b9:ec:ae:fa:f1:b1:a3:05:b8:40.
      Add correct host key in /home/dciproj/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
      Offending key in /home/dciproj/.ssh/known_hosts:14

      RSA host key for 130.XXX.XX.XXX has changed and you have requested strict checking.
      Host key verification failed.

      I know how to fix it manually but I can't figure out how to get Net::SSH::Perl to see this error message so I can have Perl fix it.

      -----
      Don Dukelow
      HP/GM GSC33 License Team
      Tel: 810-728-3388
      e-mail: dukelow@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2009

        Dukelow,> I know how to fix it manually but I can't figure out how to get Net::SSH::Perl to see this error message so I can have Perl fix it.

        Dukelow,> Can someone point me in the right direction?

        Yes. You should fix it manually, because you should *know* and *understand*
        why you are getting it and *override* that only after *careful* thought,
        something a program is unable to do.

        Or, you might as well go back to telnet, because you don't understand
        why ssh is trying to keep you secure.