Re: [PBML] Can files deleted with unlink be recovered?

  • Marcos Ramos
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2009
      First of all - this is my first post. So just want to know if I'm
      doing everything right.

      Then I may suggest a workaround for that problem:

      - overwrite that file with a bogus value of the same size and delete
      it...
      If you can recover, all you get is the bogus value, isn't it?

      --
      Marcos Ramos
      e-mail/google-talk/msn: marcos.ramos@...

      On 2009/08/06, at 14:01, schelske.geo wrote:

      > On Windows, can a file that is deleted with the unlink command be
      > recovered? If so, is there a way in Perl to delete a file so that
      > the deleted file is unrecoverable?
      >
      > I have sensitive data in files that I'm deleting with Perl and need
      > to make sure they can not be brought back to life.
      >
      > thanks.

    • vivek kumar
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 18, 2009
        Hi,

        With respect to the question asked in [PBML] Digest Number 3109:
        I would like to say the command                   unlink $file
        will completely delete the file.There is no procedure to get the file back, upon execution of this command.This is just like shift delete in windows.
        Regards,Vivek Kumar

        See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/