Re: [PBML] Find Files in specific Folder but Exclude Subdirectories

  • Jon Reynolds
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 21, 2009
      merlyn@... wrote:

      > Just throw an exception.
      >
      > eval {
      > find sub {
      > die "##done" if $we_want_to_ stop;
      > }, @starting points;
      > };
      > die $@ if $@ and $@ !~ /##done/;

      You never fail to let me know just how far away I am from being a perl
      guru or a beginner, for that matter Randall. But I always get hopeful
      the more your Greek begins to be readable.

      Jon
    • Hans Witschi
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 25, 2009
        Hi Randal an Jon,

        I respectfully insist:

        I still DREAM of a switch in:

        find(sub {$name{$File::Find::name} = -f;}, @ARGV);

        For now I have a construction with "@exclude=("DIR")", which works well. But
        I don't like it...

        ...and I couldn't fall in love with Randal'solution

        eval {
        find sub {
        die "##done" if $we_want_to_ stop;
        }, @starting points;
        };
        die $@ if $@ and $@ !~ /##done/;

        because it didn't work.

        However, my point is: it is too complicated and too time consuming to list
        directories for exclusion.

        Why so much coding when it could be achieved much easier, having somewhere
        deeper in the perl machine code a stop switch like "stay" in the
        "$File::Find::name" module:

        find(sub {$name{$File::Find::name} = -f;}, @ARGV stay);

        Unimaginable no one had similar thougts so far on that.

        Hans

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 26, 2009

          Hans> Why so much coding when it could be achieved much easier, having somewhere
          Hans> deeper in the perl machine code a stop switch like "stay" in the
          Hans> "$File::Find::name" module:

          Hans> find(sub {$name{$File::Find::name} = -f;}, @ARGV stay);

          What would "stay" do again? Maybe I missed your original
          problem, because my solution aborts *all* crawling mid-stride, when
          you hit a particular place.