CISCO formatted output

  • Dukelow, Don
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2009
      I'm using Perls Net::Telnet module to connect to Cisco switches. After I do several show commands and put the output in a file I go back and pull the information I want out. My problem is from one version of switch/OS to the next the columns for the output don't start and stop at the same character count. Plus in the columns where a admin entries info for that switch port they put spaces which also throws me off. As well as the Perl split command.
      I know that there're a number of Perl modules for dealing with Cisco switches, would any of them give me a delimited output for the show commands?

      -----
      Don Dukelow
      HP/GM GSC33 License Team
      e-mail: dukelow@...