Perl telnet prompt

  • Dukelow, Don
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2009
      I'm working with the Net::Telnet module and having trouble with the prompt. I have two sets of network switches and the respond to two very slight differences in prompts.

      Prompt => '/> $/'
      Prompt => '/>$/'

      Is there a way to set the prompt option in Perl telnet to respond to either one of these?

      -----
      Don Dukelow
      HP/GM GSC33 License Team
      e-mail: dukelow@...
    • Jeff Pinyan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2009
        On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Dukelow, Don <dukelow@...> wrote:

        > I'm working with the Net::Telnet module and having trouble with the prompt.
        > I have two sets of network switches and the respond to two very slight
        > differences in prompts.
        >
        > Prompt => '/> $/'
        > Prompt => '/>$/'
        >
        > Is there a way to set the prompt option in Perl telnet to respond to either
        > one of these?

        Certainly:

        Prompt => '/> ?$/'

        That means a ">" followed by an optional space followed by the end of the
        string.

        --
        The Cross Reference - http://thecrossreference.blogspot.com/
        Critical Mass (The Science of the Liturgy) -

        [Mary said,] "Do whatever he tells you." ~ John 2:5

      • Dukelow, Don
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 8, 2009
          Thank You!

          -----