Installing Perl Nert::SSH

  • Dukelow, Don
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 23, 2008
      I'm trying to install Perl Net::SSH on a Sun Solaris 10 systen with Perl version 10. I keep gettinh the following erropr when I try to install the GMP library. Can anyone help?

      ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libc.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
      ld: fatal: file /usr/ucblib/libucb.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
      ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libresolv.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
      ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libsocket.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
      ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libnsl.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
      ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libelf.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
      ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to .libs/libgmp.so.3.4.4
      *** Error code 1
      make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `libgmp.la'
      Current working directory /home/dciproj/tmp/pm/gmp-4.2.4
      *** Error code 1
      The following command caused the error:
      set fnord $MAKEFLAGS; amf=$2; \
      dot_seen=no; \
      target=`echo all-recursive | sed s/-recursive//`; \ list='tests mpn mpz mpq mpf printf scanf cxx mpbsd demos tune doc'; for subdir in $list; do \
      echo "Making $target in $subdir"; \
      if test "$subdir" = "."; then \
      dot_seen=yes; \
      local_target="$target-am"; \
      else \
      local_target="$target"; \
      fi; \
      (cd $subdir && make $local_target) \
      || case "$amf" in *=*) exit 1;; *k*) fail=yes;; *) exit 1;; esac; \ done; \ if test "$dot_seen" = "no"; then \
      make "$target-am" || exit 1; \
      fi; test -z "$fail"
      make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
      Current working directory /home/dciproj/tmp/pm/gmp-4.2.4
      *** Error code 1
      make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

      -----
      Don Dukelow
      HP/GM GSC33 License Team
      e-mail: dukelow@...
    • vidhut singh
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 24, 2008
        looks like there is a conflict between 32 bit and 64 bits perl libs . is it 64 bit m/c ?

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 24, 2008
          The Solaris 10 is all 64 bit and I thought was using all 64 bit programs, I guess not. What do you mean by 64 bit m/c?

          -----
          Don Dukelow
          HP/GM GSC33 License Team
          Tel: 810-728-3388
          e-mail: dukelow@...

          ________________________________
          looks like there is a conflict between 32 bit and 64 bits perl libs . is it 64 bit m/c ?

          I'm trying to install Perl Net::SSH on a Sun Solaris 10 systen with Perl version 10. I keep gettinh the following erropr when I try to install the GMP library. Can anyone help?

          ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libc. so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

          ld: fatal: file /usr/ucblib/ libucb.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

          ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libresolv. so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

          ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libsocket. so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

          ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libnsl. so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

          ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libelf. so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

          ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to .libs/libgmp. so.3.4.4

          *** Error code 1

          make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `libgmp.la'

          Current working directory /home/dciproj/ tmp/pm/gmp- 4.2.4

          *** Error code 1

          The following command caused the error:

          set fnord $MAKEFLAGS; amf=$2; \

          dot_seen=no; \

          target=`echo all-recursive | sed s/-recursive/ /`; \ list='tests mpn mpz mpq mpf printf scanf cxx mpbsd demos tune doc'; for subdir in $list; do \

          echo "Making $target in $subdir"; \

          if test "$subdir" = "."; then \

          dot_seen=yes; \

          local_target= "$target- am"; \

          else \

          local_target= "$target" ; \

          fi; \

          (cd $subdir && make $local_target) \

          || case "$amf" in *=*) exit 1;; *k*) fail=yes;; *) exit 1;; esac; \ done; \ if test "$dot_seen" = "no"; then \

          make "$target-am" || exit 1; \

          fi; test -z "$fail"

          make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

          Current working directory /home/dciproj/ tmp/pm/gmp- 4.2.4

          *** Error code 1

          make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

          -----

          Don Dukelow

          HP/GM GSC33 License Team

          e-mail: dukelow@...<mailto:dukelow%40hp.com>

        • vidhut singh
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 24, 2008
            seems like the Nert:SSH libs that you downloaded is 32 bit and hence its giving the problem in shared lib creation which is getting compiled by 64 bit gcc / cc.  have you installed 32 bit perl on solaris 10 ?

            ____________ _________ _________ __

            looks like there is a conflict between 32 bit and 64 bits perl libs . is it 64 bit m/c ?

            I'm trying to install Perl Net::SSH on a Sun Solaris 10 systen with Perl version 10. I keep gettinh the following erropr when I try to install the GMP library. Can anyone help?

            ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libc. so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

            ld: fatal: file /usr/ucblib/ libucb.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

            ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libresolv. so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

            ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libsocket. so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

            ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libnsl. so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

            ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libelf. so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

            ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to .libs/libgmp. so.3.4.4

            *** Error code 1

            make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `libgmp.la'

            Current working directory /home/dciproj/ tmp/pm/gmp- 4.2.4

            *** Error code 1

            The following command caused the error:

            set fnord $MAKEFLAGS; amf=$2; \

            dot_seen=no; \

            target=`echo all-recursive | sed s/-recursive/ /`; \ list='tests mpn mpz mpq mpf printf scanf cxx mpbsd demos tune doc'; for subdir in $list; do \

            echo "Making $target in $subdir"; \

            if test "$subdir" = "."; then \

            dot_seen=yes; \

            local_target= "$target- am"; \

            else \

            local_target= "$target" ; \

            fi; \

            (cd $subdir && make $local_target) \

            || case "$amf" in *=*) exit 1;; *k*) fail=yes;; *) exit 1;; esac; \ done; \ if test "$dot_seen" = "no"; then \

            make "$target-am" || exit 1; \

            fi; test -z "$fail"

            make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

            Current working directory /home/dciproj/ tmp/pm/gmp- 4.2.4

            *** Error code 1

            make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

            -----

            Don Dukelow

            HP/GM GSC33 License Team

            e-mail: dukelow@...<mailto:dukelow% 40hp.com>

            Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger. yahoo..com/ invite/

          • Dukelow, Don
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 25, 2008
              I got it to work by adding different library paths to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variabe ubtill it worked.

              Thank You!

              -----
              Don Dukelow
              HP/GM GSC33 License Team