Small paying project: Perl DNS server

  • Kelly Jones
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2008
      I'm trying to write a Perl DNS server that answers queries (A, NS,
      TXT, CNAME, LOC, MX, etc-- pretty much anything in
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DNS_record_types) based on the
      time of day, current weather in Paris, number of users on my server,
      the IP address of the requestor, a hash of the requested record, or
      pretty much anything I want.

      In other words, I want to pay someone to create a framework that
      populates variables and calls a subroutine when sending an answer to
      the querying side. I'll worry about getting the weather in Paris,
      computing the hash, etc.

      If anyone's interested, please contact me off-list with a quote.

      My failed attempt (for reference only) is attached. This was called
      from xinetd as follows:

      service local1 {
      disable = no
      socket_type = dgram