RE: [PBML] Two Perls

  • Dukelow, Don
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 20, 2008
      The top @INC is the output from "perl -V" command only

      @INC:
      /home/dciproj/usr/site/lib
      /home/dciproj/usr/lib

      This is output when I execute my perl script. It doesn't look for SSH in above directories. Which is what I want! If I have to add the SSH module I want it to go into proper place.
      .
      wnpsitsl:/home/dciproj $ get_switch.pl
      Can't locate Net/SSH/Perl.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib/sun4-solaris-64int /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/sun4-solaris-64int /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4 /usr/perl5/site_perl /usr/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4/sun4-solaris-64int /usr/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4 /usr/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /0b/lhome/dciproj/DCI/scripts/get_switch.pl line 7.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /0b/lhome/dciproj/DCI/scripts/get_switch.pl line 7.

      -----
      Don Dukelow
      HP/GM GSC33 License Team
      Tel: 810-728-3388
      e-mail: dukelow@...

      ________________________________
      From: Dukelow, Don <dukelow@...<mailto:dukelow%40hp.com>>
      Subject: [PBML] Two Perls
      To: "perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com<mailto:perl-beginner%40yahoogroups.com>" <perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com<mailto:perl-beginner%40yahoogroups.com>>
      Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 7:34 AM

      For varies reasons I had to install my own version of Perl. But when I run a script it still looks in the other version library file for modules. What do I red to fix this?

      -----
      Don Dukelow
      HP/GM GSC33 License Team
      e-mail: dukelow@...<mailto:dukelow%40hp.com>

    • Dukelow, Don
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 20, 2008
        As a follow up!

        I put this line in my .profile.
        export PERL5LIB=/home/dciproj/usr/site/lib:/home/dciproj/usr/lib

        and excited my command again and got

        get_switch.pl
        Perl lib version (5.10.0) doesn't match executable version (v5.8.4) at /home/dciproj/usr/lib/Config.pm line 46.
        Compilation failed in require at /home/dciproj/usr/lib/File/Copy.pm line 14.
        BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/dciproj/usr/lib/File/Copy.pm line 14.
        Compilation failed in require at /0b/lhome/dciproj/DCI/scripts/get_switch.pl line 5.
        BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /0b/lhome/dciproj/DCI/scripts/get_switch.pl line 5.

        Where is it picking up the old Perl version?

        -----
        Don Dukelow
        HP/GM GSC33 License Team
        Tel: 810-728-3388
        e-mail: dukelow@...

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 20, 2008
          Check the PATH variable, also check if the first line in your Perl program is not pointing to older Perl version ( e.g #! /usr/bin/perl)

          hope this helps.