Convert PDF file to text file

  • Gordon Robertson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2008
      Hi all,

      I need to know how to convert PDF files to a text file using Perl.
      Thank you.

      Gordon
    • a_z0_9_blah
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14, 2008
        --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Robertson"
        <gordon_dba@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I need to know how to convert PDF files to a text file using Perl.
        > Thank you.
        >
        > Gordon

        Hi Gordon,

        You can use xpdf. Below is a link with more information. (the link
        should be all on 1 line. but it wraps in this msg.)

        query=xpdf&charset=windows-1252

        Chris