RE: [PBML] Command line non CGI perl program?

  • Charles Clarkson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2008
      kznadalin wrote:

      : Do you know of any resources that can point me in the right direction?

      The perl documentation is a good start and Learning Perl is a great
      book. One of the book's authors answered your first question.

      http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Perl-Fourth-Randal-Schwartz/dp/0596101058

      : This is what I've got so far, but I'm not sure I'm on the right track.
      :
      : 'print "What is your last name?\n";
      : user $lastname = <STDIN>;

      What do you think "user" does in this line?

      HTH,

      --
      Charles K. Clarkson
      254 968-8328