mysterious code Part II

  • antonio.neves@ig.com.br
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2000
      Hello everyone, and thanks for the help. I guess I should make clear the
      purpose of the code I sent before.
      It seems that the flock wouldn´t work (would not give an exclusive lock) on
      the evironment I am working, I´ve tried everything. So I´ve tried to make
      another program to replace it, the idea is this:

      Let file1 be the file I´ll be reading and writing.
      Let filelock be a file on non zero size.

      So, before atempting to open file1 I´ll call my_lock_function() which
      basicly checks to see if filelock has zero size or not (it has zero size
      when it is opened with a +> or >). If its size is zero it will wait for 0.1
      seconds and try again. If its size is nonzero the it opens filelock with a
      +> or >. Now I do whatever operation I want with file1 and then call
      my_unlock_function() which only closes the filelock. (Which should end up
      with a nonzero size since I haven´t writen/read nothing to the file). This
      last part was where I was having problems, and the reason for posting "Need
      help with mysterious code".

      So if anyone colud help me with this alternative flock function I would be
      grateful.

      Thanks,
      Antonio

      Oi! Você quer um iG-mail gratuito?