Re: [PBML] Multiple values per key (Hash)

  • Amit Saxena
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1 10:09 PM
      You have to use references for the same.

      For a key, you can assign the value as array or hash reference. Since
      references are scaler values only, Perl will not
      complain and you also can get multiple values per key in that hash.

      Regards,
      Amit Saxena

      On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Charith Dias <charith_dias@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Good afternoon.
      > I want to open a file and store data in a HASH. Well, my input file format
      > is like this (a Csv file with list of CityNumbers,X_Coordinate,
      > Y_Coordinate).
      > 2,0,40
      > 3,5,42
      > 4,6,26
      > . . .
      >
      > Can somebody kindly tell me how can I store data. I mean how can I assign 2
      > values(Multiple values) per one key in a Hash.
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Charitha DIAS

    • vidhut singh
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1 10:20 PM
        Here is the example which shows multiple values can be stored in one hash .
        e.g
        $hash{$key}->{$x_corrd}= $val
        $hash{$key}->{$y_corrd}=$val
        -Regards,
        vidhut

        On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Charith Dias <charith_dias@ yahoo.com>

        wrote:

        > Hello,

        > Good afternoon.

        > I want to open a file and store data in a HASH. Well, my input file format

        > is like this (a Csv file with list of CityNumbers, X_Coordinate,

        > Y_Coordinate) .

        > 2,0,40

        > 3,5,42

        > 4,6,26

        > . . .

        > Can somebody kindly tell me how can I store data. I mean how can I assign 2

        > values(Multiple values) per one key in a Hash.

        > Thanks in advance,

        > Regards,

        > Charitha DIAS

        Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php

      • Charith Dias
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3 1:08 AM
          Hello,

          Thanks a lot!! I got the required output. :)

          Regards,

          Charitha DIAS