Re: [PBML] Naming Covention

  • Anil Kumar BN
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 16, 2008
      hi

      u can do it in dos promt also

      copy *.html *.xml
      copy *.html c:\hi\*.xml

      Regards
      Anil Kumar

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: srinivas reddy
      To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 12:14 PM
      Subject: Re: [PBML] Naming Covention

      In Shell, we can do this:

      I have files with extension .txt in a directory,, below code will rename
      those files with .html extensions..

      foreach i ( ` ls *.txt | tr -d '.txt' '' ` )
      foreach? mv $i.txt $i.html
      foreach? end

      ===========

      On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:59 AM, VIJAY KUMAR <mp_vijayakumar@...>
      wrote:

      > I couldn't understand your requirement. can you explain it clearly?
      >
      > --- On Sat, 14/6/08, rvidya_19812003 <rvidya_19812003@...<rvidya_19812003%40yahoo.co.in>>
      > wrote:
      >
      > From: rvidya_19812003 <rvidya_19812003@...<rvidya_19812003%40yahoo.co.in>
      > >
      > Subject: [PBML] Naming Covention
      > To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com <perl-beginner%40yahoogroups.com>
      > Date: Saturday, 14 June, 2008, 3:26 PM
      >

      > Hi,
      >
      > I want to know about the idea of file naming convention. I am working
      > with windows based. How to convert the files in one folder with naming
      > like ".html to .xml extension. Any body send the coding or idea about
      > it.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Vidya.R
      >
      > Explore your hobbies and interests. Go to
      > http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/

      -SrINIvAS ReDdY....

    • C.Y./J.E. Cripps
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 17, 2008
        On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Anil Kumar BN wrote:
        > u can do it in dos promt also
        <snip>

        and someone else earlier suggested>
        > In Shell, we can do this:
        <snip>

        > > I want to know about the idea of file naming convention.

        perldoc -q rename

        will direct one's attention to perlfaq5 which is
        1. on topic for this list and 2. relevant to those of
        us who might not benefit from either of the above suggestions,
        A look at :

        perlport - perldoc.perl.org
        http://perldoc.perl.org/perlport.html#Supported-Platforms

        will reveal that there may be more of the latter than one
        might suspect.