Re: [PBML] Naming Covention

  • srinivas reddy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 16, 2008
      In Shell, we can do this:

      I have files with extension .txt in a directory,, below code will rename
      those files with .html extensions..

      foreach i ( ` ls *.txt | tr -d '.txt' '' ` )
      foreach? mv $i.txt $i.html
      foreach? end

      ===========

      On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:59 AM, VIJAY KUMAR <mp_vijayakumar@...>
      wrote:

      > I couldn't understand your requirement. can you explain it clearly?
      >
      > --- On Sat, 14/6/08, rvidya_19812003 <rvidya_19812003@...<rvidya_19812003%40yahoo.co.in>>
      > wrote:
      >
      > From: rvidya_19812003 <rvidya_19812003@...<rvidya_19812003%40yahoo.co.in>
      > >
      > Subject: [PBML] Naming Covention
      > To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com <perl-beginner%40yahoogroups.com>
      > Date: Saturday, 14 June, 2008, 3:26 PM
      >

      > Hi,
      >
      > I want to know about the idea of file naming convention. I am working
      > with windows based. How to convert the files in one folder with naming
      > like ".html to .xml extension. Any body send the coding or idea about
      > it.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Vidya.R
      >
      > Explore your hobbies and interests. Go to
      > http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/

      -SrINIvAS ReDdY....

    • Anil Kumar BN
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 16, 2008
        hi

        u can do it in dos promt also

        copy *.html *.xml
        copy *.html c:\hi\*.xml

        Regards
        Anil Kumar

        wrote:

        > I couldn't understand your requirement. can you explain it clearly?
        >
        > --- On Sat, 14/6/08, rvidya_19812003 <rvidya_19812003@...<rvidya_19812003%40yahoo.co.in>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > From: rvidya_19812003 <rvidya_19812003@...<rvidya_19812003%40yahoo.co.in>
        > >
        > Subject: [PBML] Naming Covention
        > To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com <perl-beginner%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Date: Saturday, 14 June, 2008, 3:26 PM
        >

        > Hi,
        >
        > I want to know about the idea of file naming convention. I am working
        > with windows based. How to convert the files in one folder with naming
        > like ".html to .xml extension. Any body send the coding or idea about
        > it.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Vidya.R
        >
        > Explore your hobbies and interests. Go to
        > http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/

        -SrINIvAS ReDdY....

      • C.Y./J.E. Cripps
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 17, 2008
          On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Anil Kumar BN wrote:
          > u can do it in dos promt also
          <snip>

          and someone else earlier suggested>
          > In Shell, we can do this:
          <snip>

          > > I want to know about the idea of file naming convention.

          perldoc -q rename

          will direct one's attention to perlfaq5 which is
          1. on topic for this list and 2. relevant to those of
          us who might not benefit from either of the above suggestions,
          A look at :

          perlport - perldoc.perl.org
          http://perldoc.perl.org/perlport.html#Supported-Platforms

          will reveal that there may be more of the latter than one
          might suspect.