Re: [PBML] Re: no repeats

    Message 1 of 8 , May 29, 2008
      >>>>> "draktrax" == draktrax <draktrax@...> writes:

      draktrax> Since I am my own teacher and my text is Ellie Quigley's Perl by
      draktrax> Example 4th Ed.;

      You didn't do anything to disclose that, and if you look at the history of
      this list, you will find that the majority of people talking about exercises
      are in fact would-be cheaters.

      I apologize for miscategorizing you, as you are the exception, not the rule.

      However, if someone answers your question with constructs you haven't yet
      seen, it'd be better to learn what those constructs are, rather than say "no,
      that can't be the answer". Your learning will progress quicker.

    • C.Y./J.E. Cripps
      Message 2 of 8 , May 29, 2008
        cycjec>> I was actually using:

        >> $ perl -lane 'print if /unique/;'

        which of course needs a file name as an argument

        If one suspects what one wants is in the chap007.pl file

        $ perl -lane 'print if /MYTAG/;' chap007.pl

        To check several files with similar names

        $ perl -lane 'print if /MYTAG/;' chap00*

        And a solitary star * will check all files in the current directory.