Installing Perl on Windows XP

  • perl_akash
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2008
      Hi All,

      I Installed ActivePerl-5.8.8 (ActivePerl-5.8.8.822-MSWin32-x86-
      280952) on my Windows machine.
      Installation done properly at C:\Perl dir.
      at command Prompt "perl -v" is giving correct version ie. 5.8.8
      I can execute the perl programs also.

      But this not Include in "Add and Remove Programs" in Control Panel.
      and the icon(lizard) is not appearing on perl files.

      Note: before installing I manually delete the Perl directory,
      including all sub-directories, and the following registry entries:
      1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/ActiveState/ActivePerl
      2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/ActiveState/PerlScript
      3.
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/
      Uninstall/ActivePerl

      why it is not comming into Control Panal,
      theres is any harm if it is not there?
      is it not properly installed ?

      Could you expain this and how to fix this problem.

      Thanks