Re: [PBML] Can't find GHPO.pm

  • Bob Kardell
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 8, 2008
      Don,

      I am not familiar with Math::GMP, Buffer.pm, or your script - so if there is else who knows better...

      It appears that you are using Net::SSH::Perl as opposed to Net::SSH. Net::SSH::Perl relies on Net::SSH::Perl::Buffer, and the error appears to be in buffer.pm not Math::GMP, but SSH1 appears to rely on Math::GMP whereas SSH2 does not. In checking line 148 of buffer.pm there is the line:

      Math::GMP->new("0x$hex");

      Searching Google for that line turned up a hit and it seems the line might be a problem.

      In looking at the module on CPAN, the documentation states that there may be an overload problem unless you add:

      use Math::GMP qw(:constant);

      Try that in your script to see if it works - otherwise it is difficult w/o seeing the code.

      Hope it helps,

      Bob

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 9, 2008
        Sorry Bob but I put "use Math::GMP qw(:constant)" in my Perl script like you said but I still get the same error.
        Can't locate object method "new" via package "Math::GMP" at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Net/SSH/Perl/Buffer.pm line 148.

        -----
        Don Dukelow
        HP License Team
        Hewlett-Packard Company
        Tel: 810-728-3388
        e-mail: dukelow@...

        ________________________________

        /usr/lib/perl5/ site_perl/ 5.8.5/i386- linux-thread- multi/Math: /usr/lib/ perl5/site_ perl/5.8. 5/i386-linux- thread-multi/ Math/BigInt" but it doesn't help. Am I looking up the correct tree or am I in the wrong forest.

        -----
        Don Dukelow
        HP License Team
        Hewlett-Packard Company
        Tel: 810-728-3388
        e-mail: dukelow@...<mailto:dukelow%40hp.com><mailto:dukelow% 40hp.com>

      • Dukelow, Don
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 9, 2008
          OK Bob you said a copy of the code would help. The line with the problem is 44.

          -----
          Don Dukelow
          HP License Team
          Hewlett-Packard Company
          Tel: 810-728-3388
          e-mail: dukelow@...

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 9, 2008
            The latest version of Net::SSH::Perl calls for Math::GMP 1.04, but version of Math::GMP on CPAN is 2.04. Could this be the cause of my problem?

            -----
            Don Dukelow
            HP License Team
            Hewlett-Packard Company