Can't find GHPO.pm

  • Dukelow, Don
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 8, 2008
      I'm getting "Can't locate Math/GMP.pm in @INC". I does exist but its in "Math/BigInt/GMP.pm". I've set the variable PERL5LIB " echo $PERL5LIB
      /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/Math:/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/Math/BigInt" but it doesn't help. Am I looking up the correct tree or am I in the wrong forest.

      -----
      Don Dukelow
      HP License Team
      Hewlett-Packard Company
      Tel: 810-728-3388
      e-mail: dukelow@...
    • Bob Kardell
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8, 2008
        Try moving GMP.pm to "Math/GMP.pm"

        Bob

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 8, 2008
          OK Bob that worked thanl you!.

          Now moveing on, when I use SSH2 all works great. But when I have to use SSH! I get the message "Can't locate object method "new" via package "Math::GMP" at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Net/SSH/Perl/Buffer.pm line 148." is this saying that something is wrong with MATH::GMP for SSH1. Should I reload it!

          -----
          Don Dukelow
          HP License Team
          Hewlett-Packard Company
          Tel: 810-728-3388
          e-mail: dukelow@...

          ________________________________
          /usr/lib/perl5/ site_perl/ 5.8.5/i386- linux-thread- multi/Math: /usr/lib/ perl5/site_ perl/5.8. 5/i386-linux- thread-multi/ Math/BigInt" but it doesn't help. Am I looking up the correct tree or am I in the wrong forest.

          -----
          Don Dukelow
          HP License Team
          Hewlett-Packard Company
          Tel: 810-728-3388
          e-mail: dukelow@...<mailto:dukelow%40hp.com>

        • Bob Kardell
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 8, 2008
            Don,

            I am not familiar with Math::GMP, Buffer.pm, or your script - so if there is else who knows better...

            It appears that you are using Net::SSH::Perl as opposed to Net::SSH. Net::SSH::Perl relies on Net::SSH::Perl::Buffer, and the error appears to be in buffer.pm not Math::GMP, but SSH1 appears to rely on Math::GMP whereas SSH2 does not. In checking line 148 of buffer.pm there is the line:

            Math::GMP->new("0x$hex");

            Searching Google for that line turned up a hit and it seems the line might be a problem.

            In looking at the module on CPAN, the documentation states that there may be an overload problem unless you add:

            use Math::GMP qw(:constant);

            Try that in your script to see if it works - otherwise it is difficult w/o seeing the code.

            Hope it helps,

            Bob

              /usr/lib/perl5/ site_perl/ 5.8.5/i386- linux-thread- multi/Math: /usr/lib/ perl5/site_ perl/5.8. 5/i386-linux- thread-multi/ Math/BigInt" but it doesn't help. Am I looking up the correct tree or am I in the wrong forest.

              -----
              Don Dukelow
              HP License Team
              Hewlett-Packard Company
              Tel: 810-728-3388
              e-mail: dukelow@...<mailto:dukelow%40hp.com><mailto:dukelow% 40hp.com>

            • Dukelow, Don
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 9, 2008
                OK Bob you said a copy of the code would help. The line with the problem is 44.

                -----
                Don Dukelow
                HP License Team
                Hewlett-Packard Company
                Tel: 810-728-3388
                e-mail: dukelow@...

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 9, 2008
                  The latest version of Net::SSH::Perl calls for Math::GMP 1.04, but version of Math::GMP on CPAN is 2.04. Could this be the cause of my problem?

                  -----
                  Don Dukelow
                  HP License Team
                  Hewlett-Packard Company