Re: [PBML] Urgent : Installing DBI and Using MySQL with Perl in Linux (FC-2)

  • Mike Southern
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2008
      On 4/8/08 1:50 AM, newlinuxday07 at newlinuxday07@... wrote:

      > Now, it is asking some input from user when I provide this I got the
      > following error :
      > ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *********
      > ********* ****
      > Where is your MySQL installed? Please tell me the directory that
      > contains the subdir 'include'. [/usr/local] /usr
      >
      > Cannot find one of include/mysql/ mysql.h, include/mysql. h in /usr
      > at
      > lib/DBD/mysql/ Install.pm line 165, <STDIN> line 3.
      > ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *********
      > ********* ****.
      > when I check my /usr/include dir, there was no "mysql.h" file, where
      > can find this file. Or wat input I can give for this question.

      You need to have installed MySql on your system before you attempt the DBD
      installation. Installing MySql will provide you with the missing files.
    • Newday New
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2008
        Hi Mike,

        Thanks for ur immediate support.

        In Order to install MySQL on my system I did the following steps..

        I downloaded the mysql-5.051a.tar.gz package in /usr/local
        extract this package here and create a softlink as "mysql" for "mysql-5.051a" folder.

        Now, to install MySQL we have to run the following command
        presently we are in path /usr/local/mysql/ as a root

        # pwd
        # /usr/local/mysql
        # cd scripts
        # ./mysql_install_db.sh
        FATAL ERROR: Could not find @bindir@/my_print_defaults

        If you are using a binary release, you must run this script from within the directory the archive extracted into. If you compiled MySQL yourself you must run 'make install' first.

        how I can run this command to install MySQL.

        Thanks in Advance
        Akash