[PBML] Re: SSH not working

  • Alexander Saydakov
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2008
      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Dukelow, Don" <dukelow@...> wrote:

      > This worked, I found out the main problem was me. It takes about 1
      min. 10 sec. for this to work. I can manually type it in and get much
      better results and I'm only a two finger typist. The debug option
      didn't give me any messages. How can I figure out why it is taking so
      long to execute?

      Again, try on the command line in verbose mode (-v). If it is also
      slow, then suspect network troubles or troubles on the remote host. If
      so, it is not Perl related, and troubleshooting can vary a lot. Say,
      it could be slow or misconfigured DNS. So try with ip address instead
      of the host name. It could be any number of other issues though.

      I am surprised that you say that enabling debug mode did not result in
      any messages. It must be similar to verbose mode on the command line,
      which usually prints quite a bit. Did you set it before calling login()?

      /sandy
      http://myperlquiz.com/