RE: [PBML] Re: SSH not working

  • Dukelow, Don
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2008
      This worked, I found out the main problem was me. It takes about 1 min. 10 sec. for this to work. I can manually type it in and get much better results and I'm only a two finger typist. The debug option didn't give me any messages. How can I figure out why it is taking so long to execute?

      -----
      Don Dukelow
      HP License Team
      Hewlett-Packard Company
      Tel: 810-728-3388
      e-mail: dukelow@...

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 7, 2008
        --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Dukelow, Don" <dukelow@...> wrote:

        > This worked, I found out the main problem was me. It takes about 1
        min. 10 sec. for this to work. I can manually type it in and get much
        better results and I'm only a two finger typist. The debug option
        didn't give me any messages. How can I figure out why it is taking so
        long to execute?

        Again, try on the command line in verbose mode (-v). If it is also
        slow, then suspect network troubles or troubles on the remote host. If
        so, it is not Perl related, and troubleshooting can vary a lot. Say,
        it could be slow or misconfigured DNS. So try with ip address instead
        of the host name. It could be any number of other issues though.

        I am surprised that you say that enabling debug mode did not result in
        any messages. It must be similar to verbose mode on the command line,
        which usually prints quite a bit. Did you set it before calling login()?

        /sandy
        http://myperlquiz.com/