Re: SSH not working

  • Alexander Saydakov
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Dukelow, Don" <dukelow@...> wrote:

      > I installed Net::SSH:Perl on a Linix system and I try to run the
      script below. I get the "HELLO 1" message but it hangs on the login
      line. This is right out of the doc'c for Net::SSH::Perl but it still
      doesn't work. I can't figure out how to trouble shoot it to fix it.
      Does anyone have any ideas?

      > my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host);
      > print "HELLO 1\n";
      > $ssh->login($user, $pass);
      > print "HELLO 1\n";
      > my($stdout, $stderr, $exit) = $ssh->cmd($cmd);

      1. Try setting $ssh->debug(1) before calling $ssh->login()
      2. Try on the command line with -v option (similar to 1)
      3. If you have control over the remote machine, try reading the log of
      sshd (server)

      /sandy
      http://myperlquiz.com/
    • Dukelow, Don
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2008
        This worked, I found out the main problem was me. It takes about 1 min. 10 sec. for this to work. I can manually type it in and get much better results and I'm only a two finger typist. The debug option didn't give me any messages. How can I figure out why it is taking so long to execute?

        -----
        Don Dukelow
        HP License Team
        Hewlett-Packard Company
        Tel: 810-728-3388
        e-mail: dukelow@...

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 7, 2008
          --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Dukelow, Don" <dukelow@...> wrote:

          > This worked, I found out the main problem was me. It takes about 1
          min. 10 sec. for this to work. I can manually type it in and get much
          better results and I'm only a two finger typist. The debug option
          didn't give me any messages. How can I figure out why it is taking so
          long to execute?

          Again, try on the command line in verbose mode (-v). If it is also
          slow, then suspect network troubles or troubles on the remote host. If
          so, it is not Perl related, and troubleshooting can vary a lot. Say,
          it could be slow or misconfigured DNS. So try with ip address instead
          of the host name. It could be any number of other issues though.

          I am surprised that you say that enabling debug mode did not result in
          any messages. It must be similar to verbose mode on the command line,
          which usually prints quite a bit. Did you set it before calling login()?

          /sandy
          http://myperlquiz.com/