Re: [PBML] perl query

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2008
      >>>>> "srikanth" == srikanth kovur <srikanth_kovur@...> writes:

      srikanth> In perl, how to find date after 5 days, if they have given todays date.

      my $in_5_days = localtime (time + 5 * 86400);

      If you want it as values instead of a string, use list context
      instead of scalar context. "perldoc -f localtime" for details.

    • Alexander Saydakov
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 17, 2008
        --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "srikanth_kovur"
        <srikanth_kovur@...> wrote:

        > In perl, how to find date after 5 days, if they have given todays date.

        Try the DateTime package. It can do many things including addition and
        subtraction of periods of time, which works correctly with respect to
        a given time zone with all crazy things like DST transitions, leap
        seconds and such: http://datetime.perl.org/

        Good luck

        /sandy
        http://myperlquiz.com/