What is the perl equivalent of a bash -xv? Verbose and expand while executing?

  • Kenneth Wolcott
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 13, 2008
      Hi;

      What is the perl equivalent of a #!/bin/bash -xv?

      I'd like to have verbose (print each line prior to execution) and expand
      each variable prior to execution while executing?

      How do I run perl in debug mode non-interactively, dumping every variable
      when it gets modified?

      How do I get the answers to either or both of these questions using
      perldoc?

      Is there a perl builtin to do this? If not is there a cpan module to do
      this? If so, how would I effectively search cpan for a topic such as this?

      Thanks,
      Ken Wolcott

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 13, 2008

        Kenneth> How do I get the answers to either or both of these questions using
        Kenneth> perldoc?

        By searching the perlfaq. "perldoc perldoc" will tell you how to use
        perldoc, and from there, you can get the searches.