Active State for Windows & CPAN

  • fooguy89
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2008
      Ultra beginner question. I've been looking around CPAN, and I'd like
      to make use of some modules that are posted. I'm on a Windows XP box
      using Active State.

      How do I download said modules & install them into my Active State?
      It didn't seem to be as easy as download via Http and put a module in
      a directory and you're done.

      Thanks.
    • david wright
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2008

        PPM - http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePerl/5.10/faq/ActivePerl-faq2.html#what_is_ppm

        > It didn't seem to be as easy as download via Http and
        > put a module in a directory and you're done.

        actually, PPM is pretty slick, makes installing cpan modules very easy in windows land.