[Commercial] Training on Perl Automation by Industry Professionals

  • concepts_systems
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 23, 2007
      Hello All,

      With a growing demand for Perl automation ,we are pleased to announce
      a new weekend batch of "Perl Automation" for students & Professionals.

      Course Highlights:

      - Linux orientation
      - PERL introduction
      - PERL for Automation
      - Various operators
      - Data types
      - File handling
      - Pattern Matching
      - Functions in PERL
      - Processes Handling and Socket programming
      - Command line options and Standard system variables
      - References in PERL
      - Object Oriented Perl programming
      - PERL debugger

      Apart from these all followings are also covered :

      - How to create logs and reports in PERL based automation
      - Mailing the logs/reports through PERL script

      Labs

      Carefully designed labs and exercises which will help participants to
      apply knowledge gained through lectures immediately in their assignments.

      Starting Date : 12 January, 2008.
      Duration : 40 Hours
      Timings : Saturday and Sunday, 3 hours per day.

      Venue :
      Concepts Systems, Pentagon, Pune-Satara Road, Pune
      602-603, The Pentagon, Shahu College Road,
      Next to Pune-Satara Road,
      Near Panchami Hotel, Parvati. Pune - 411009.

      Registration: We encourage you to register at the earliest since there
      are limited seats.

      About Us:

      Concepts Systems Educational Services has always been in forefront for
      providing software professionals and aspirants with best-of-the-breed
      technologies which ensure that professionals/students remain on the
      cutting edge of technology and continue to win their goals.

      If you have any queries feel free to call us on +91-020-24216888 /
      9960638738 Or mail us at training@.... For customized
      on-site training for your team, send a mail to info@....

      Thanks & Regards,
      Team
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 12, 2008
[...]

        Starting Date : 19 January, 2008.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 12, 2008

          concepts> With a growing demand for Perl automation ,we are pleased to announce
          concepts> a new weekend batch of "Perl Automation" for students & Professionals.

          And yet, they can't spell "Perl" without messing it up. Witness:

          concepts> - PERL introduction

          What is "PERL"? Surely not the programming language, which is spelled "Perl".

          Would you trust a company that can't even:

          a) learn to spell Perl properly or
          b) learn NOT TO SPAM THIS MAILING LIST

          Sheesh.

          A pox on you, sirs.

        • Andy Dixon
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 12, 2008
            On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 10:14, merlyn@... wrote:
            <SNIP>

            > What is "PERL"? Surely not the programming language, which is spelled
            > "Perl".

            Surely this is still a valid way of displaying it. If you are getting
            picky, they are both spelt the same, just typed differently. Perl/PERL
            is an acronym for Practical Extraction and Report Language, so either
            way sould be fine.

            > Would you trust a company that can't even:
            >
            > a) learn to spell Perl properly or
            > b) learn NOT TO SPAM THIS MAILING LIST
            >
            > Sheesh.
            >
            > A pox on you, sirs.

            *relurks*
          • Jenda Krynicky
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 12, 2008
              To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
              From: Andy Dixon <andy.dixon@...>
              Date sent: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 14:48:33 +0000
              Subject: Re: [PBML] [Commercial] Training on Perl Automation
              by Industry
              Professionals
              Send reply to: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com

              > On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 10:14, merlyn@... wrote:
              > <SNIP>
              > >
              > > What is "PERL"? Surely not the programming language, which is spelled
              > > "Perl".
              >
              > Surely this is still a valid way of displaying it. If you are getting
              > picky, they are both spelt the same, just typed differently. Perl/PERL
              > is an acronym for Practical Extraction and Report Language, so either
              > way sould be fine.

              It's a backronym. The "Practical Extraction and Report Language"
              sentence was created later than the language.
              See http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Perl_Programming

              It's Perl (the language) or perl (the interpreter).

              And the fun is that these guys were already told so last time they
              spammed the list.

              Jenda
              -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 12, 2008

                Andy> On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 10:14, merlyn@... wrote:
                Andy> <SNIP>
                >>
                >> What is "PERL"? Surely not the programming language, which is spelled
                >> "Perl".

                Andy> Surely this is still a valid way of displaying it.

                You say "still" implying "at one time, it was valid".

                It was *never* valid. I started using Perl version 1. It was *never*
                spelled all caps.

                In fact, spelling Perl with all caps is a good "shibboleth": an indication
                that the person using the name is *not* clued in to the existing literature,
                or even familiar with the Perl FAQ, which on this subject is very clear:

                What's the difference between "perl" and "Perl"?
                One bit. Oh, you weren't talking ASCII? :-) Larry now uses "Perl" to
                signify the language proper and "perl" the implementation of it, i.e.
                the current interpreter. Hence Tom's quip that "Nothing but perl can
                parse Perl." You may or may not choose to follow this usage. For
                example, parallelism means "awk and perl" and "Python and Perl" look OK,
                while "awk and Perl" and "Python and perl" do not. But never write
                "PERL", because perl is not an acronym, apocryphal folklore and
                post-facto expansions notwithstanding.

                Now, if you're selling *Perl training*, and you haven't even read the
                rediculously easy-to-find Perl FAQ, how can you be trusted to get ANYTHING
                ELSE RIGHT?

              • Andy Dixon
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 12, 2008
                  On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 18:04, merlyn@... wrote:
                  > writes:
                  >
                  > Andy> On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 10:14, merlyn@... wrote:
                  > Andy> <SNIP>
                  > >>
                  > >> What is "PERL"? Surely not the programming language, which is
                  > spelled
                  > >> "Perl".
                  >
                  > Andy> Surely this is still a valid way of displaying it.
                  >
                  > You say "still" implying "at one time, it was valid".
                  > It was *never* valid. I started using Perl version 1. It was *never*
                  > spelled all caps.
                  >
                  > In fact, spelling Perl with all caps is a good "shibboleth": an
                  > indication
                  > that the person using the name is *not* clued in to the existing
                  > literature,
                  > or even familiar with the Perl FAQ, which on this subject is very
                  > clear:

                  <SNIP>
                  'Still' does not necessarily mean that it was in the past. I am a
                  relative new-comer to perl compared to you, and as a consequence dont
                  know as much as you, so thanks to Jenda, I now know a bit more about
                  Perl, and in the future will be able to retort more accurately.

                  > Now, if you're selling *Perl training*, and you haven't even read the
                  > rediculously easy-to-find Perl FAQ, how can you be trusted to get
                  > ANYTHING
                  > ELSE RIGHT?

                  Exactly. I see your point. Its like buying a car from a dealer who
                  distinguishes different types of car by their colour. The 'sporty' car
                  is a 'red car' and the economy car is a 'grey car'.
                  When I worked for a UK ISP, I had a similar series of calls from
                  so-called 'IT Consultants' who charge thousands of pounds for a
                  Microsoft Publisher website. Always fun to tear into them on the phone
                  when they are on-site.

                  Andy