Re: [PBML] newbie threads question

  • Santosh Sugur
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 23, 2007
      So we always use multiple processes as opposed to multiple threads
      while using perl on unix is it? That means threads in Perl is only for
      windows and is a "dummy" thing for unix?

      Santosh

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 23, 2007

        Santosh> So we always use multiple processes as opposed to multiple threads
        Santosh> while using perl on unix is it? That means threads in Perl is only for
        Santosh> windows and is a "dummy" thing for unix?

        It's mostly for compatability, yes. In fact, "fork" works on both,
        but uses threads in windows, and natural forking in Unix.

      • Santosh Sugur
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 23, 2007
          Thanks. I shall check this code on windows (for educational reasons)
          and come back of I have problems.

          regards,
          Santosh