Re: [PBML] Entire perl (cygwin) window content into file

  • Emen Zhao
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 30, 2007
      Either "script" is not installed with your Cygwin or the path is set wrong.

      Try using "/usr/bin/script" instead.

      On 10/30/07, Hans Witschi <hwitche@...> wrote:

      > Hello Emen,
      >
      > thank you again for your support. I m doing something wrong, I guess.
      >
      > I tried following:
      >
      > $ man script
      > No manual entry for script
      >
      > $ man script logfile
      > No manual entry for script
      > No manual entry for logfile
      >
      > $ script logfile
      > bash: script: command not found
      >
      > $ bash script logfile
      > bash: script: No such file or directory
      >
      > And I could not find after all a logfile anywhere.
      >
      > Do I need to install something first?
      >
      > regards
      >
      > Hans
      >

      > On 10/29/07, Emen Zhao <emenzhaowork@... <emenzhaowork%40gmail.com>>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello Hans,
      > >
      > > You should be able to read this command's manual by issuing a "man
      > script"
      > > in Cygwin.
      > >
      > > Anyways, it is an easy to use one.
      > >
      > > This creates a file named "logfile" under your current directory for
      > > recording everything printed on your terminal.
      > > $ script logfile
      > > $ your command, etc
      > >
      > > Exit script mode
      > > $ exit
      > >
      > > Hope this helps!
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Emen

    • Hans Witschi
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 30, 2007
        Well, it seems I'm doomed with this one. I couldn't find anyting on the
        internet to install and /usr/bin/script didn't produce any results.

        Anyway, thanks for your help.

        Hans