RE: [PBML] Getting the Owner name of a file!

  • Jenda Krynicky
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 19, 2007
      From: "Gergely Brautigam" <Gergely_Brautigam@...>
      > On second thouth... I'd still have no clue how the get the owner of a
      > file in a windows environment without installing Win32 module which i
      > cannot because i don't have CL.exe which is a visual c++ compiler
      > tool... Any ideas???

      You do not need cl.exe, you can install the pre-compiled versions via
      PPM:

      ppm install Win32::AdminMisc

      HTH, Jenda
      -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery
    • Gergely Brautigam
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 23, 2007
        Ohhh cool thx very much :) Sorry for the late response i was away from
        computer!

        Thank you hope it will help!

        Gergely.

        ________________________________

        ===== Jenda@... <mailto:Jenda%40Krynicky.cz> ===
        http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz <http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz> =====

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 23, 2007
          Yo!

          I don't have a module in ppm called Win32:AdminMisc. I have an
          ActiveState Perl 5.8.8

          Gergely.

          ________________________________

          From: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:perl-beginner%40yahoogroups.com>

          From: "Gergely Brautigam" <Gergely_Brautigam@...

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 24, 2007
            From: "Gergely Brautigam" <Gergely_Brautigam@...>
            > I don't have a module in ppm called Win32:AdminMisc. I have an
            > ActiveState Perl 5.8.8

            It's in the Dave Roth's repository at
            http://www.roth.net/perl/packages

            c:\> ppm