run sub-scripts?

  • grguthrie
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2007
      I have a main script that posts info to a web page. I want to have a
      way to add other fields to the display, and make it modular - so I
      want to have a directory of small scripts, each of which knows how to
      make it's own flavor of output.

      The main script would then get a list of scripts in the directory, and
      then run a specific method from each. E.g. the directory contains
      (x.pl. y.pl. z.pl), and I then want to run x::display(), y::display(), ...

      I can certainly get the list of file names, but an most sure how to
      then run methods on them. I do not want to run the entire file (x.pl),
      as some of it is for data update, which will also do a similar thing
      but is cron driven, not web driven.

      Must be simple, but .. not obvious to me!

      Thanks,
      Gregory