PERL client/server model?

  • Ryan J Nauman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2007
      I wrote a small script to interact with a user over the web to search a
      dictionary in multiple ways. It takes approximately 4 seconds to build my
      structured hash table (of the dictionary) and searches thereafter are
      sub-second. Is there a way to have my script act as server and run
      infinitely on my webserver, waiting to be queried? This would greatly
      enhance the speed of my application as the hash would only need to be
      built once. Any help or links with some direction greatly appreciated.

      Thanks