Perl problem after installing perl

  • Kevin W. Gagel
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      I've been setting up a new Redhat Enterprise Linux 5 server. I kept running
      into problems installing perl modules so I removed perl from the system
      using rpm -e --nodeps and then installed perl 5.8.8 from source. Modules
      are now installing correctly but I'm running into another problem and was
      hopping that someone could help me out.

      Basically trying to install things from RPM are now giving me errors and I
      can't figure out to track down what the problem is. For example:
      [root@gateway Downloads]# rpm -ivh asm_linux_v5.01.16862.rpm
      error: Failed dependencies:
      /usr/bin/perl is needed by StorMan-5.01-00.i386
      perl(strict) is needed by StorMan-5.01-00.i386

      Perl is located at that location and a module called strict is installed
      and up to date.

      Anyone have any ideas what direction I should go?

      PS it's not the rpm that I'm installing that's the problem all rpm's I've
      tried are doing the same thing.

      =================================
      Kevin W. Gagel
      Network Administrator
      Information Technology Services
      (250) 562-2131 local 448
      My Blog:
      http://mail.cnc.bc.ca/blogs/gagel
      My File share:
      http://mail.cnc.bc.ca/users/gagel

      The College of New Caledonia, Visit us at http://www.cnc.bc.ca
      Virus scanning is done on all incoming and outgoing email.
      Anti-spam information for CNC can be found at http://avas.cnc.bc.ca