RE: [PBML] creating Sessions

  • Ramesh Polepalli
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12 2:48 AM
      Hi team, Sarvesh,

      I am also working on same lines and this is the code I am using to store
      user id in the session.

      #!/usr/bin/perl -w

      use CGI;

      use CGI::Session;

      use DBI;

      #my $sid = $q->cookie('SessionId') || $q->param('SessionId') || undef;

      my $db_name="dbname";

      my $db_host="dhhost.domain.com";

      my $db_user="dbuser";

      my $db_pass="dbpass";

      # Prepare Database connection to store session values

      $dbh =
      DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:database=$db_name;host=$db_host","$db_user","$db
      _pass", {PrintError => 1, RaiseError => 1, AutoCommit => 1});

      my $q = new CGI;

      # Create new session vareable

      my $session = new CGI::Session("driver:MySQL;id:MD5", undef,
      {Handle=>$dbh});

      $session->param(-name =>'userid',-value => 'ramesh');

      $session->expire(5000);

      $cookie = $q->cookie(-name =>'SessionId',-value => $session->id );

      print $q->header(-cookie=>$cookie);

      print $q->h3("Cookie contains : $cookie ");

      print $q->start_html,

      $q->start_form(-name=>'testcookie',-method=>'post',-action=>'./cookie2.c
      gi'),

      $q->submit(-name=>'submit',-value=>'click to go to next page'),

      $q->end_form,

      $q->end_html;

      $dbh->disconnect();

      exit;

      Before starting with this, you need to create a table to hold session
      data.

      CREATE TABLE sessions (

      id CHAR(32) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,

      a_session TEXT NOT NULL

      );

      Well, I am successful only till here and able to verify the data stored
      in table.

      But having problem while retrieving information from session in the
      following pages.

      I have session id stored in the cookie and able to get session ID from
      cookie in the

      Let me know if you are able to dig further.

      Regards,

      Ramesh.