Re: [PBML] Skip get arguments on the URL

  • Dinos Liolios
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2007
      Hi Randal,

      I think my bad english is getting on the way. What
      you have done is capturing the URL and breaking it. I
      actually want my original cgi script to work even if
      somebody invoked it without listing all the arguments.
      That way people can link to dynamic pages generated
      by the cgi script without having to link to these
      enormous URLs. For example if I punch in the URL on a
      web browser
      http://www.genomesonline.org/search.cgi?org_domain=ARCHAEAL&selection=submit+search
      my cgi script does not work. I actually have to
      mention all the other arguments with the default or
      empty values like this:
      orgcol=org&domcol=dom&typecol=type&sizecol=size&infocol=info&datacol=data&instcol=inst&analycol=analy&contcol=contact&statuscol=status&goldstamp=ALL&gen_type=ALL&org_name1=genus&gensp=&org_domain=ARCHAEAL&org_status=ALL&size2=ALL&org_size=Kb&gen_gc=ALL&gen_seqmethod=ALL&gen_temperature=ALL&gen_ph=ALL&gen_symbiont=ALL&phylogeny2=ALL&gen_institution=ALL&gen_funding=ALL&gen_data=ALL&cont=ALL&gen_country=ALL&gen_pheno=ALL&gen_habitat=ALL&gen_disease=ALL&gen_relevance=ALL&gen_avail=ALL&selection=submit+search

      The question is if there is a way to invoke a cgi
      script by skipping the rest of the arguments.

      Thanx again
      Dinos

      --- "Randal L. Schwartz" <merlyn@...>

      www.i-dinos.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 16, 2007

        Dinos> I think my bad english is getting on the way. What
        Dinos> you have done is capturing the URL and breaking it. I
        Dinos> actually want my original cgi script to work even if
        Dinos> somebody invoked it without listing all the arguments.

        Oh... so you have the *short* version for input and want to generate
        the *long* version for output?

        Yeah, that really wasn't clear.