Re: FW: [PBML]

  • Mr. Shawn H. Corey
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 26, 2007
      Dukelow, Don wrote:
      > Thank You this work great, it save a few lines of code. But why won't
      > this work if quoted?

      The notation \&sub_name creates a reference to a sub. This is similar to the notation for scalar references \$scalar_var, array references \@array_var, hashes \%hash_var, and typeglob references \*typeglob_name. If you put any of these in quotes, all you get is a string, not a reference.

      See `perldoc perlreftut` and `perldoc perlref` for more details.

      --
      Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
      Shawn

      "For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them."
      Aristotle