Re: [PBML] Doubt regarding debugging perl script

  • Jenda Krynicky
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2007
      From: "Jins Thomas" <jins.thomas@...>
      > I am a novice to perl. I would like to know whether something similar
      > to set -x option in Unix shell scripting is there in perl.

      I assure you this doesn't tell me anything. Anything at all.

      > Some more descriptions about my doubt I want to track what happens at
      > each stage of the code.

      This does.

      You might use the builtin perl debuger. Read
      perldoc perldebug

      Or use the graphical debugger ptkdb
      http://search.cpan.org/search?query=Devel%3A%3Aptkdb+&mode=module

      To print the lines executed you probably want Devel::Trace.

      You might also find Devel::TraceSubs handy to find out what
      subroutines are called and with what parameters.

      You can find the later modules on CPAN: http://search.cpan.org

      HTH, Jenda
      -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery