Re: [PBML] Doubt regarding debugging perl script

  • Jabir Ahmed
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2007
      try using the perl -d option
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Jins Thomas
      To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 6:30 PM
      Subject: [PBML] Doubt regarding debugging perl script

      Hi all,

      I am a novice to perl. I would like to know whether something similar
      to set -x option in Unix shell scripting is there in perl.

      Some more descriptions about my doubt I want to track what happens at
      each stage of the code.

      For eg: In unix shell scripting say

      jthomas@~$cat hello.sh

      set -x

      a=1

      b=2

      if [ $a != $b ]

      then

      echo "Notequal"

      else

      echo "equal"

      fi

      If I run this (please note I have given set -x inside hello.sh ) I will
      get the output like this

      jthomas@~$bash hello.sh

      + a=1

      + b=2

      + echo Notequal

      Notequal

      So I'll be able to analyse and tell at what point this was going wrong.
      Just wanted to know anything similar to this is there in perl.

      Thanks a lot in advance.

      Jins Thomas