Question on file permissions after a Perl copy or move

  • Schelske, Steve K.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2007
      Operating System = Windows

      I'm having trouble with the permissions on a file that I have moved from
      Directory A to Directory B using move from the File::Copy module.

      The problem is that the permissions are being retained from Directory A,
      instead of inheriting the permissions from Directory B. Is this the
      intended behavior of Perl? Is there something I can do to have the
      target file inherit the permissions that are granted to Directory B?

      When I use a system(copy ....) to use the Windows OS copy command, I get
      the desired results. I'm just wondering if Perl will somehow let me do
      the same.

      tia