Re: Connectivity of a Database

  • aktrapper2000
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2007
      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, Jack <senthil_jack@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      > I have mysql running in a Solaris server, in which 4 Different
      databases are there.
      > Please let me know how do I shutdown any one of the database.
      >
      > My application refers all 4 DBs at any instance, I need to verify
      how my application works if any one of the Database is down. How do i
      do that?

      > -anbu
      > Senthil.

      simply issue the statement handel a disconnect .

      $dbh->disconnect;

      where $dbh is the statement handle you created when you did the
      DBI->connect call.

      your using DBI.pm correct ?

      and your not confusing Data Base Tables with Databases , you say
      your connecting to 4 at one time. Not likly to happen with the
      standard DBI interface for Perl.

      Show your connection code and we can see what your talking about.

      Greg