Cookies Question (Across Languages)

  • essential quint
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30 1:56 PM
      Just wondering... if one were to set a cookie using Javascript, then could one get perl to read it?

      I looked for tutorials online as per this issue, but I couldnt find any specifically addressing it.

      Thanks,

      ~q
    • Chris Borokowski
      Message 2 of 3 , May 30 2:09 PM
        Yes, but the perl script would have to interface with
        the browser through CGI. The Cookie is stored by the
        browser and read through a header request, so any
        language (or host) can request it, so long as it
        matches the host that set it.

        --- essential quint <quintessential1@...>
        wrote:

        > Just wondering... if one were to set a cookie
        > using Javascript, then could one get perl to read
        > it?

        User Interface design blog
        http://user-advocacy.blogspot.com/
        Code::Design::UI::Consulting
        http://www.dionysius.com/

        ____________________________________________________________________________________Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware protection.
      • jabir ahmed
        Message 3 of 3 , May 30 10:36 PM
          yes.. should work..

          Jab

          --
          If you haven't found something you are willing to die for, you are not
          fit to live!