RE: [PBML] How to send mail from command line on solaris 10

  • Ramesh Polepalli
    Message 1 of 4 , May 11 5:00 AM
      Paul,

      Requirement is to write a perl script that can send out mails.

      I don't have liberty to use sendmail as we do not use it and the

      sendmail package will not be available on love box.

      So I need to use some Solaris command like mail or mailx in

      Perl script to achieve the target. (This is as far as I can think).

      Since I am not aware of perl much. I am looking out for some

      tips or working/implemented examples to send mail that people

      in this group might be willing to share.

      Regards,

      Ramesh.

      Message 2 of 4 , May 11 5:20 AM

        Ramesh> So I need to use some Solaris command like mail or mailx in

        Ramesh> Perl script to achieve the target. (This is as far as I can think).

        Or use Net::SMTP and talk to an SMTP port directly. And there are modules
        built on top of that as well.

        Invoking an MUA (sendmail, mailx, etc) from Perl is ripe with potential
        problems for security, as well as being generally wasteful of resources.