Re: [PBML] Re: Sys admin monitor script for solaris

  • Paul Archer
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18 5:38 AM
      I would suggest that you start with a good monitoring solution, like Nagios.
      When you've got that up and running, then you can start looking into
      the Nagios plugins that are out there to see if one does what you want. If
      there aren't any, then you can (fairly easily) write one. Most of the
      plugins out there are Perl based, and there are plenty that can be used as
      templates.

      Paul

      > --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Ramesh Polepalli"
      > <ramesh.polepalli@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> HI,
      >>

      >> I am using Solaris 10 and need help in writing a script to monitor
      >> memory
      >> usage to log a message if the usage exceeds 90%.
      >>

      >> Can some one help me with it or suggest some online reference which
      >> have some sample's?
      >>

      >> Thanks in advance for the help.
      >>

      >> Regards,
      >>
      >> Ramesh.
      >>

      >> Ramesh Polepalli
      >>

      >> mFormation Technologies Inc.
      >> Direct Line: +91 80 6620 5939
      >> Switchboard: +91 80 6620 5900
      >>
      >> http://www.mformation.com
      >>

      >> Visit WWW.MFORMATION.COM and see how the MFORMATION SERVICE MANAGER
      > can help you to transform your business.

      "Football is a mistake. It combines the two worst elements of
      American life: violence and committee meetings." --George Will