Re: Sys admin monitor script for solaris

  • kiran
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2007
      Hi,
      You can use cron function from shell programming and add a peace
      of perl code.

      Regards .
      Kiran Polu

      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Ramesh Polepalli"
      <ramesh.polepalli@...> wrote:

      > HI,
      >

      > I am using Solaris 10 and need help in writing a script to monitor
      > memory
      > usage to log a message if the usage exceeds 90%.
      >

      > Can some one help me with it or suggest some online reference which
      > have some sample's?
      >

      > Thanks in advance for the help.
      >

      > Regards,
      >
      > Ramesh.
      >

      > Ramesh Polepalli
      >

      > mFormation Technologies Inc.
      > Direct Line: +91 80 6620 5939
      > Switchboard: +91 80 6620 5900
      >
      > http://www.mformation.com
      >

      > Visit WWW.MFORMATION.COM and see how the MFORMATION SERVICE MANAGER
      can help you to transform your business.

    • Paul Archer
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18, 2007
        I would suggest that you start with a good monitoring solution, like Nagios.
        When you've got that up and running, then you can start looking into
        the Nagios plugins that are out there to see if one does what you want. If
        there aren't any, then you can (fairly easily) write one. Most of the
        plugins out there are Perl based, and there are plenty that can be used as
        templates.

        Paul

        > --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Ramesh Polepalli"
        > <ramesh.polepalli@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> HI,
        >>

        >> I am using Solaris 10 and need help in writing a script to monitor
        >> memory
        >> usage to log a message if the usage exceeds 90%.
        >>

        >> Can some one help me with it or suggest some online reference which
        >> have some sample's?
        >>

        >> Thanks in advance for the help.
        >>

        >> Regards,
        >>
        >> Ramesh.
        >>

        >> Ramesh Polepalli
        >>

        >> mFormation Technologies Inc.
        >> Direct Line: +91 80 6620 5939
        >> Switchboard: +91 80 6620 5900
        >>
        >> http://www.mformation.com
        >>

        >> Visit WWW.MFORMATION.COM and see how the MFORMATION SERVICE MANAGER
        > can help you to transform your business.

        "Football is a mistake. It combines the two worst elements of
        American life: violence and committee meetings." --George Will