Sys admin monitor script for solaris

  • Ramesh Polepalli
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11 2:08 AM
      HI,

      I am using Solaris 10 and need help in writing a script to monitor
      memory
      usage to log a message if the usage exceeds 90%.

      Can some one help me with it or suggest some online reference which
      have some sample's?

      Thanks in advance for the help.

      Regards,

      Ramesh.

      Ramesh Polepalli

      mFormation Technologies Inc.
      Direct Line: +91 80 6620 5939
      Switchboard: +91 80 6620 5900

      http://www.mformation.com

      Visit WWW.MFORMATION.COM and see how the MFORMATION SERVICE MANAGER can help you to transform your business.

    • kiran
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17 10:23 PM
        Hi,
        You can use cron function from shell programming and add a peace
        of perl code.

        Regards .
        Kiran Polu

        --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Ramesh Polepalli"
        <ramesh.polepalli@...> wrote:

        > HI,
        >

        > I am using Solaris 10 and need help in writing a script to monitor
        > memory
        > usage to log a message if the usage exceeds 90%.
        >

        > Can some one help me with it or suggest some online reference which
        > have some sample's?
        >

        > Thanks in advance for the help.
        >

        > Regards,
        >
        > Ramesh.
        >

        > Ramesh Polepalli
        >

        > mFormation Technologies Inc.
        > Direct Line: +91 80 6620 5939
        > Switchboard: +91 80 6620 5900
        >
        > http://www.mformation.com
        >

        > Visit WWW.MFORMATION.COM and see how the MFORMATION SERVICE MANAGER
        can help you to transform your business.

      • Paul Archer
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18 5:38 AM
          I would suggest that you start with a good monitoring solution, like Nagios.
          When you've got that up and running, then you can start looking into
          the Nagios plugins that are out there to see if one does what you want. If
          there aren't any, then you can (fairly easily) write one. Most of the
          plugins out there are Perl based, and there are plenty that can be used as
          templates.

          Paul

          > --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Ramesh Polepalli"
          > <ramesh.polepalli@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> HI,
          >>

          >> I am using Solaris 10 and need help in writing a script to monitor
          >> memory
          >> usage to log a message if the usage exceeds 90%.
          >>

          >> Can some one help me with it or suggest some online reference which
          >> have some sample's?
          >>

          >> Thanks in advance for the help.
          >>

          >> Regards,
          >>
          >> Ramesh.
          >>

          >> Ramesh Polepalli
          >>

          >> mFormation Technologies Inc.
          >> Direct Line: +91 80 6620 5939
          >> Switchboard: +91 80 6620 5900
          >>
          >> http://www.mformation.com
          >>

          >> Visit WWW.MFORMATION.COM and see how the MFORMATION SERVICE MANAGER
          > can help you to transform your business.

          "Football is a mistake. It combines the two worst elements of
          American life: violence and committee meetings." --George Will