Change the filename and Check the size of file

  • ramesh9999
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2007
      i am new to perl and am just learning.
      i have a 2 question:

      1.i have a file ABC_EXPORT. now i have to FTP this file to another
      server with the CBA_dateformat(YYYYMMDD)_000000.csv
      How can i change the file name with the dateformat(YYYYMMDD).

      2. If the size of ABC_EXPORT is of zero bytes, I dont want to FTP the
      file.
      What check do i need to put before FTPing the file.

      Let me know how i can do tht ASAP plz.