Re: [PBML] Fwd: Yahoogroups login - Yahoo2mbox.pl

  • Sarah fox
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2007
      On 4/2/07, Randal L. Schwartz <merlyn@...> wrote:

      > Sarah> http://www.tt-solutions.com/en/products/yahoo2mbox/
      >
      > If you're asking a question of a specific script that you did not write, it's
      > generally going to be FAR faster to write the original author (or do whatever
      > they indicate for support options) than to ask on a public mailing list like
      > this. If you have already done that, you should have indicated that in your
      > posting here.

      I've emailed him/her a few days ago.. - (no response as yet)....

      > If you're asking how to write such a script, look at the Mail::Webmail::Yahoo
      > and Mail::Client::Yahoo modules in the CPAN. They look a little old, so they
      > may not work well (in fact, *nothing* may work well) with the recent
      > web-2.0-ish redesign of most of Yahoo's products.

      Thanks, I'll look at those modules... - I guess most things improve &
      get rid of 'bugs' - So legitimate programmes need to keep up with
      them..

      > At http://developer.yahoo.com/mail/, there are code samples for the currently
      > supported API. It looks like they offer a JSON-based API now, which is cool.
      > The bad news is that free accounts appear to be restricted to not actually
      > being able to download email, so I hope you have a premium account.

      Didn't know that existed - Thankyou.... - Im not intertested in
      downloading mail - but this programme (above) is the closest thing ive
      seen that logs into Yahoogroups)... - Once I get in, I can adjust the
      script to suit...