Re: [PBML] Fwd: Yahoogroups login - Yahoo2mbox.pl

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2007

      Sarah> Hi,
      Sarah> I'm more familiar with PHP than Perl -however I have been looking for
      Sarah> a wee while & cannot locate a php script to do this job.

      Sarah> I have searched the web (google) & found yahoo2mbox.pl - which logs into
      Sarah> Yahoogroups & downloads the emails....

      Sarah> http://www.tt-solutions.com/en/products/yahoo2mbox/

      If you're asking a question of a specific script that you did not write, it's
      generally going to be FAR faster to write the original author (or do whatever
      they indicate for support options) than to ask on a public mailing list like
      this. If you have already done that, you should have indicated that in your
      posting here.

      If you're asking how to write such a script, look at the Mail::Webmail::Yahoo
      and Mail::Client::Yahoo modules in the CPAN. They look a little old, so they
      may not work well (in fact, *nothing* may work well) with the recent
      web-2.0-ish redesign of most of Yahoo's products.

      At http://developer.yahoo.com/mail/, there are code samples for the currently
      supported API. It looks like they offer a JSON-based API now, which is cool.
      The bad news is that free accounts appear to be restricted to not actually
      being able to download email, so I hope you have a premium account.

    • Sarah fox
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2007
        On 4/2/07, Randal L. Schwartz <merlyn@...> wrote:

        > Sarah> http://www.tt-solutions.com/en/products/yahoo2mbox/
        >
        > If you're asking a question of a specific script that you did not write, it's
        > generally going to be FAR faster to write the original author (or do whatever
        > they indicate for support options) than to ask on a public mailing list like
        > this. If you have already done that, you should have indicated that in your
        > posting here.

        I've emailed him/her a few days ago.. - (no response as yet)....

        > If you're asking how to write such a script, look at the Mail::Webmail::Yahoo
        > and Mail::Client::Yahoo modules in the CPAN. They look a little old, so they
        > may not work well (in fact, *nothing* may work well) with the recent
        > web-2.0-ish redesign of most of Yahoo's products.

        Thanks, I'll look at those modules... - I guess most things improve &
        get rid of 'bugs' - So legitimate programmes need to keep up with
        them..

        > At http://developer.yahoo.com/mail/, there are code samples for the currently
        > supported API. It looks like they offer a JSON-based API now, which is cool.
        > The bad news is that free accounts appear to be restricted to not actually
        > being able to download email, so I hope you have a premium account.

        Didn't know that existed - Thankyou.... - Im not intertested in
        downloading mail - but this programme (above) is the closest thing ive
        seen that logs into Yahoogroups)... - Once I get in, I can adjust the
        script to suit...