Problem Making Online Edit Feature

  • essential quint
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2007
      am working on a script that is supposed to have a form that sends the input
      data over to a webpage for confirmation or further editing...

      If user wants to further edit the input, then the initial, editable input is
      supposed to be sent back to the form...

      I thought I could do this one of two ways...

      1.) by either passing the editable input value as a parameter back into the
      form, like this...

      <input type="text" name="whatever" value="$variable">

      or 2.) by making hidden fields, like this...

      <input type="hidden" name="x" value="$subject">

      Neither way is working. The fields keep coming up blank. Can anyone say
      why?

      Also, I am using the

      print <<WelcomeHTML;

      WelcomeHTML

      method of entering the data... I'm not sure what that method of entering
      HTML is called, but it hasnt given me problems with entering variable input
      before, so it may or may not be the problem...

      Any help much appreciated.
      Thanks,

      Quint